October 14, 2002
PITTSBURGH - Dominion Peoples is seeking entries of local projects that have promoted economic or social revitalization of Pennsylvania communities for the second annual Community Impact Awards competition. A total of $60,000 in grants will be awarded.
The awards recognize cities and community organizations that have made a major contribution to the economic or social revitalization of communities within the Dominion service area and where Dominion has significant facilities and business interests. The entry deadline is October 31, 2002. Winners will share in $60,000 made available from the Dominion Foundation.
- Projects must have been completed between August 2001 and July 2002.
- Projects must demonstrate a major contribution to the economic or social revitalization in the target community.
- The project must be located within Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Clarion, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Mercer, Somerset, Venango, Washington and Westmoreland counties or where Dominion has significant facilities or business interests.
- Organizations must be a 501©3 organization.
- Submit a brief summary of your project, no more than three typewritten pages. You may include support materials that represent the project; such as photos, press clippings or literature. Please provide the following information regarding your organization and project.
- Give a brief description/history of your community organization.
- Describe the project your community or organization completed to promote economic and/or social revitalization. Include objectives, benefits, impact and measurable results and community interest and involvements.
- To what extent did the project generate a positive change and growth in its targeted area?
- How many people were impacted/served by this project?
- How will the results of this project encourage and promote future development and revitalization?
- What community impact has the project had in terms of jobs, spending, taxes, etc.?
On the summary, include a contact name, title, phone number, email address and complete mailing address. Submit to: Community Impact Awards, Corporate Philanthropy, 625 Liberty Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
Dominion is one of the largest producers of energy, with a production capability of more than 3 trillion British thermal units of energy per day. Dominion also serves 3.8 million franchise natural gas and electric customers in five states, including 351,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in 16 southwestern Pennsylvania counties through its Dominion Peoples subsidiary. For more information about Dominion, visit the company's Web site at www.dom.com.
# # #
||Elmore Lockley or Denise Brundage, (412) 392-2467